Glasgow FAVS Update
Term 2 has been hugely successful so far and we are only at the start of February!
For up to date news please visit our GFAVS Facebook page!
- Our Lunchtime series of talks with Kevin Beattie from Capontree Vets have been incredibly popular, drawing in over 100 students each time – topics have included “LDA diagnosis and correction” and “Embryotomys, Prolapses and Tears”, keep checking
- Michael Wilkinson from Nantwich Vets is coming to talk to undergraduates about his “Tips for starting your first job in Farm Practice” on February 3rd
- We have 24 Glasgow students making the trip down to Nottingham for FAVS Congress 2015! (6-8th Feb)
- Our first farm walk of the year is to take place in Perthshire at the Highland Wagyu estate - the largest producer of Wagyu cattle in the UK and on course to become the biggest in Europe. February 14th
- Lee-Anne Oliver from Scott Mitchell Associates in Northumberland is coming to give a talk on Beef Cattle and how they are farmed on the 16th February
- Also in February we are aiming to put on a student- led information session on LAMBING where some seasoned older years can relay their top tips for those 1st and 2nd years heading out to the farms this Easter!
Other ideas in the pipeline and as always – if there’s something you want to know more about, please don’t hesitate to contact the committee to we can arrange something!